Lagging / Freezing / IOS 8 ??

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by NorPlan, Sep 19, 2014.

1. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    :( I just Updated my iPad a few days back.. As in other Posts I've read Lagging / Freezing / Just plane not responding as previously.. What could it be ?? For me I find slow to respond to the touch, kinda lost the sweet spot if you will kinda thing..lol.. ie: On YouTube.. If I wanted to move the video along just tapped and moved the dot video & sound would continue instantaneously.. Now it doesn't respond right away.. Have to Tap around looking for that sweet spot..lol.. If it's me and something is out of sink or a Setting turned off. ... Please Tell ...Cheers. Thanks.. :confused: :oops:

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Try to reset it, using the Home and Power button. This could help a bit.

3. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

;) @ J.A. Tried that to No Avail.. Cleared Cache / Cookies / History.. I guess one of the Hiccups from Updating to IOS 8..lol.. Stumped, YouTube Not as responsive as before.. I'm thinking maybe a Setting got undone ??? And If so I'm Sunk where to look..:eek::oops:

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There's no way to have an influence on the reaction of the touchscreen, afaik, and also no setting to improve it.

Here's something you can try: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1827

If you updated over the air, erase the iPad and restore it using iTunes. Maybe this will improve the performance. In general, new software needs a few days to fit in, so hopefully it will get better within the next days.

#4 J. A., Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  5. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Maybe it has to do with your RAM. If you have background refresh on, try force closing ALL the apps that uses background app refresh. It's not necessary to force close other apps that doesn't have background app refresh on because those apps are automatically "freezed" by iOS, so they won't run in the background apps that uses background app refresh.

OR try a reinstall of YT instead. If that doesn't work, a restore should do it. Remember to back up before restoring.

6. xardoz

xardoz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I downgraded back to 7.1.2 just too much lag and general slow down of using the device (not download/upload speed). To be honest there was not a lot of difference in 8.0 for me to really care.

7. NorPlan

NorPlan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

:( Was thinking of doing same.. Unfortunately I'm known to suffer the Fat Finger Syndrome.. Is there a simple way to Erase and go back ? :confused:

8. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  9. Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Its kinda confusing why some devices with the same generation works fine and the others work terribly. It must likely be how the user handles or uses their devices or maybe there is something wrong with their devices. I could be wrong.

10. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Short answer: Stuff Happens.

Slightly longer answer: Computers are incredibly complex. It's pretty amazing that they work as often as they do. :)