Keynote remote

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by antoinetteoc, Jan 23, 2012.

1. antoinetteoc

antoinetteoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Head wrecked.... I've down loaded keynote on iPad automatically synced to iPhone and also the keynote remote....

The iPad will not recognise the iPhone as a remote....even though I linked the iPhone manually????? Do I need my personal hotspot turned on? I have both connected to the same wifi..any hints....

2. yellowhorse

yellowhorse
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I dont know but I purchased it for my iPhone and I never got to use it since the presentation module was incompatible with keynote. I'm commenting so someone may see itin new comments so I can hopefully see the answer

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    You need to either be on the same network, or use bluetooth (must be turned on on both devices). It is not necessary to pair the bluetooth manually. That said, I seem to remember that there was a problem with the bluetooth mode. That may not have been fixed yet.

I'm not sure if it works using the iPhone as a Hotspot as a replacement for the wi-fi network.

In my experience the wi-fi mode can take more than one try to get a good link. Event then, larger presentations can take a while to load to the iPhone. It downloads a bunch of thumbnails first, and until it is done you can't use the remote.

Afraid that's all I've got.