What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keurig coffee

Eydiebug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband buys a 13oz. can of the supermarket brand of coffee. That can costs $2.39. On average, he drinks 2, sometimes 3 cups of coffee per day. The can of coffee lasts usually one month. So, if you figure on just 2 cups, he's paying less than .05 cents per cup of coffee. Now granted, we're not buying the big brand named stuff, he likes the store brand much better. Even if we WERE to buy some of the more expensive stuff that runs $7 or $8 bucks, we'd still be less than .55 cents a cup.

Eydie

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband buys a 13oz. can of the supermarket brand of coffee. That can costs $2.39. On average, he drinks 2, sometimes 3 cups of coffee per day. The can of coffee lasts usually one month. So, if you figure on just 2 cups, he's paying less than .05 cents per cup of coffee. Now granted, we're not buying the big brand named stuff, he likes the store brand much better. Even if we WERE to buy some of the more expensive stuff that runs $7 or $8 bucks, we'd still be less than .55 cents a cup.

Eydie

I may have to try that. To me .26 or .55 cents a day is no biggie. Comes out to something like $16 a month I think. 4 coffees at coffee shop.

My main thing is the mess of it all. But I'm open to all options.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
belive this or not the main reason behind useing the k-pod system is for i drink one or two cups of tea a day and it just quick system for me to throw the pod into unit and make it for it quick and easly for me to do that way than to heat up a pot of water and go from there ..also with the hot chocolate maker it nice also ..

Eydiebug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know in the end, it's all about what your pocketbook can stand. Neither my husband nor myself are big coffee drinkers, but we do love to go out to eat at nice restaurants. So, we'd rather skimp alittle on the coffee, and splurge once a month with a nice dinner.

Eydie

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KONA

How much was the 24 cup box. Yes I get from BB&B for $9.99 but then use a 20% off coupon in the store.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KONA

How much was the 24 cup box. Yes I get from BB&B for $9.99 but then use a 20% off coupon in the store.

Bb&b only sells 18 pack or a couple 36 packs.

Iirc at keurig.com they are 12.95 a box of 24. Free shipping on orders of $45 or more.. worth it if you buy in bulk, and like the 200+ selection to pick from.

Plus for every two boxes you can get a 5 cup sampler. Not too bad

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually make green tea, and hot chocolate with mine, not big on coffee

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you recycle those little plastic cups the Keurig system uses? It seems terribly environmentally unfriendly to me to be throwing a plastic container away every time you make a cup of coffee.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you recycle those little plastic cups the Keurig system uses? It seems terribly environmentally unfriendly to me to be throwing a plastic container away every time you make a cup of coffee.

I don't see why not.. They are plastic

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't see why not.. They are plastic

Only certain grades of plastic are recyclable, but not having such a system I was curious if the k-cups had a grade (or recycling logo) printed on them. Although after seeing a picture of how the system works, I can't imagine trying to get the plastic separated from the cup is much fun.

javajunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Coffee drinker here and I have the Platinum Keurig and love it.
My fav is Timothy's Columbia La Verde.
I get my K Cups Alpine Valley Coffee (Google search, until I can post links) They are great to work with and have some great sample packs.

DrJNAB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try the Timothy blends, even the decaf blends are wonderful. DrJ.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm swapping over to keurig from my tassimo for the wider variety of flavors and the ability to brew any ground coffee. I have loved my tassimo over the last several years and look forward to the keurig system. My birthday is coming and I've requested bed bath and beyond gift cards.... Stocking up. I'm getting the cuisinart model.

My friend already has this machine and her fav is the coconut coffee...gonna have to try that I guess!

Also,as for recycle cups you can actually rinse them out and use them for reversing fresh grounds.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes island coconut is amazing!

I'll have to they Timmy coffee. Never heard of em so was afraid to blow money on a pack..

Most reactions