What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Joined Help with IOS 5 Please

jim48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm changing the thread from "Just Joined" hoping to get a few more replies about my specific question. Moderator please remove the old thread. We are wanting to update to IOS5 on our ATT 32g WiFi 3G IPad2. This device has IOS Ver 4.3.5 running on it and is operating perfectly. I have been reading on this forum and other similar sites about IOS5. It seems as though there are many failures either during or after the update. The device has 24 gig free. I have read the advice on performing the update:

Latest ITunes on laptop
Plug Ipad2 (using original cable) into laptop
Use laptop plugged into router directly instead of wifi if possible
Everything fully charged up
Of course Ipad2 recently backed up

We think we would enjoy the additions in IOS 5 but sure don't want to make a doorstop out of a perfectly working Ipad2. Should we wait for a few more weeks for any remaining bugs to be removed from the base ver 5.0? Please let me know what you guys think....

Jim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally (and adding that I have a 32GB iPad 2 upgraded to iOS 5.0.1) I would say that unless you have a reason to stay at an earlier version, say for jail breaking reasons, then go for the upgrade, my iPad is fine with it.

I would make sure that you backup all your important stuff first by a) syncing at your current version of iOS and b) putting important stuff into Dropbox.

I had no issues when I upgraded but you never know and I am a great believer in backing up.

The Archangel

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Ditto everything Gabriel has said and here's a visual to go by also.
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions