Jon Mac's introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by JonMac, Jul 7, 2012.

1. JonMac

JonMac iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for a super resource.
    I am confident I will find all the answeres to many of my questions regarding the Ipad here on this forum.
    Let me introduce myself.
    I am a hillwalker, bushcrafter and spoon maker living on Dartmoor in the West Country. I am a retired member of the Mountain Rescue Committee's Search and Rescue Team 'Ashburton'. I carve spoons using three basic bushcraft tools. The Axe, Knife and hook knife. I sell my work and teach edge tool usage and maintenance...
    I am currently working with Chris Grant, a blade smith based in Scotland. We are developing the MaChris bushcraft knife and the MiniMaC. This new pair of knives offers superb handle ergonomics combined with superior cutting capabilities ,,, I also write a blog at spooncarvingfirststeps.... on blogspot...And interact with folk via various forums. I also need to be able to write tutorials with photographs and send them to various email addresses.
    I am looking for a machine that will enable me to manipulate photographs and text onto Blogger straight from a camera whilst sat out doors possibly via the telephone network. I recently bought a tablet, a Scroll Elite with Android o/s....It went back to the manufacturers.
    I have been lent, by a good friend, an Ipad Mk I . I have been using it for a week or two and find it to be a good stable device. I will add the Blogsy app some time over this weekend and see if the whole package will come together.
    So there we are, aside from the normal stuff, I need a machine that can be a portal for me to send my work out to other agencies.
    Best wishes.
    Jon Mac.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Hello and welcome to the forum Jon Mac!
  3. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223 / 0
    HI,WELCOME TO THE FORUM,HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL LINKS-
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
    Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
    Apple - Support - Manuals
    2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
    TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
    iOS5 Tips and Tricks
    We have rules like any Community so please read these also

Forum rules - everybody please read!!……ipadFORUM.net staff.

4. JonMac

JonMac iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for having me here smalltowngirl. Quick up date. Bought the Blogsy app and it seems to work fine. The next step is to buy a camera adapter and experiment with photo manipulation. I take it I can transfer my app from this borrowed Ipad I to the new machine when I get round to buying it.
    Thanks for your warm welcome.
    Jon Mac.