What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jon Mac's introduction

JonMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for a super resource.
I am confident I will find all the answeres to many of my questions regarding the Ipad here on this forum.
Let me introduce myself.
I am a hillwalker, bushcrafter and spoon maker living on Dartmoor in the West Country. I am a retired member of the Mountain Rescue Committee's Search and Rescue Team 'Ashburton'. I carve spoons using three basic bushcraft tools. The Axe, Knife and hook knife. I sell my work and teach edge tool usage and maintenance...
I am currently working with Chris Grant, a blade smith based in Scotland. We are developing the MaChris bushcraft knife and the MiniMaC. This new pair of knives offers superb handle ergonomics combined with superior cutting capabilities ,,, I also write a blog at spooncarvingfirststeps.... on blogspot...And interact with folk via various forums. I also need to be able to write tutorials with photographs and send them to various email addresses.
I am looking for a machine that will enable me to manipulate photographs and text onto Blogger straight from a camera whilst sat out doors possibly via the telephone network. I recently bought a tablet, a Scroll Elite with Android o/s....It went back to the manufacturers.
I have been lent, by a good friend, an Ipad Mk I . I have been using it for a week or two and find it to be a good stable device. I will add the Blogsy app some time over this weekend and see if the whole package will come together.
So there we are, aside from the normal stuff, I need a machine that can be a portal for me to send my work out to other agencies.
Best wishes.
Jon Mac.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for a super resource.
I am confident I will find all the answeres to many of my questions regarding the Ipad here on this forum.
Let me introduce myself.
I am a hillwalker, bushcrafter and spoon maker living on Dartmoor in the West Country. I am a retired member of the Mountain Rescue Committee's Search and Rescue Team 'Ashburton'. I carve spoons using three basic bushcraft tools. The Axe, Knife and hook knife. I sell my work and teach edge tool usage and maintenance...
I am currently working with Chris Grant, a blade smith based in Scotland. We are developing the MaChris bushcraft knife and the MiniMaC. This new pair of knives offers superb handle ergonomics combined with superior cutting capabilities ,,, I also write a blog at spooncarvingfirststeps.... on blogspot...And interact with folk via various forums. I also need to be able to write tutorials with photographs and send them to various email addresses.
I am looking for a machine that will enable me to manipulate photographs and text onto Blogger straight from a camera whilst sat out doors possibly via the telephone network. I recently bought a tablet, a Scroll Elite with Android o/s....It went back to the manufacturers.
I have been lent, by a good friend, an Ipad Mk I . I have been using it for a week or two and find it to be a good stable device. I will add the Blogsy app some time over this weekend and see if the whole package will come together.
So there we are, aside from the normal stuff, I need a machine that can be a portal for me to send my work out to other agencies.
Best wishes.
Jon Mac.
HI,WELCOME TO THE FORUM,HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL LINKS-
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
Apple - Support - Manuals
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also

Forum rules - everybody please read!!……ipadFORUM.net staff.

OP
J

JonMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum Jon Mac!
Thanks for having me here smalltowngirl. Quick up date. Bought the Blogsy app and it seems to work fine. The next step is to buy a camera adapter and experiment with photo manipulation. I take it I can transfer my app from this borrowed Ipad I to the new machine when I get round to buying it.
Thanks for your warm welcome.
Jon Mac.

Most reactions

Latest posts