J.Jackson Jr. Says Ipad are the cause of job decline!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zipur, Apr 15, 2011.

1. wytey

wytey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    He's just another noodle trying his best to make sure he gets re-elected, but I think he just shot himself in the foot lol

2. normanj

normanj
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    He's right in a way - the iPad will cause the loss of some jobs. But he's more wrong than right as the iPad will ultimately create more jobs than it will destroy.

3. Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  4. zipur

zipur
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Sorry I forgot how touchy people get over politics. I only post because it's so funny. At least to me. So let all stay calm and keep their personal views for another forum. If you live long enough you'll see politician flip flop on all sides al topic

Peice

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. gray_mouse

gray_mouse
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    The cause of all world troubles are secret societies which control banking industry and create crisis in order to gain profit.

Hollywood is part of them. Jacksons are part of them. Messengers of death.

Saying iPads are the cause of job decline is like saying fires in WTC 1, 2, and 7 caused building collapse. Nonsense.

Job loss is caused by outsourcing jobs overseas, primarily China, and by irresponsible printing of money.

Next time you go out shopping, make a note of crap you buy and where its made.

#15 gray_mouse, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  6. sgtcasey

sgtcasey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You made your troll way too obvious way too early.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ok settle down the Op made a simple comment don't go over the fence on this one or frankly the thread will be closed

8. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Right so was the case with:
    Computers eliminating the Type writer machines.
    Computers eliminating lots of account managers doing calculations by hand /
    and the list goes on and on...

One thing is sure. The MUSIC, Book, Movies, newspaper is going to die within 5 years

9. zorah

zorah
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Well, actually, this argument isn't just limited to iPads. It includes any of the electronic reading devices. Kindles. Any of them. Even the Kindle reader on one's PC.
    And personally, three Borders near me have or are in the process of closing. I have enjoyed them for years. I own an iPad and buy books electronically, but I also still buy print books and I also buy cafe drinks at bookstores too, so I am still a purchaser of goods in some manner. All the Barnes & Nobles by me are open, so I don't know what that says. And they sell their own e-reader. I have a B&N membership and buy coffee drinks there too. and print books there too.

10. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I do not think movies, books, magazines, and newspapers will completely disappear within 5 years. The net will be increasingly utilized for content delivery to be sure, but the net will not completely eliminate them.

The question I have is this: when you consider how easy it is to illegally share or DL content, do you think this represents a big stumbling block to completely eliminating traditional delivery methods? Lots of hate towards many DRM methods because they reduce the ability to distribute some content illegally.

Well, until it is released and hacked by clever people.

I know that newspapers are still struggling to find out ways to monetize their online efforts.

Computers are getting faster and cheaper so it will eventually become easier to DL large files.

Here is a 75 year old woman with a 40 Gb/s connection. Apparently, she can download a complete high definition DVD in about one second. Not ready for prime time, but clearly, not that far out.

75-year-old has world's fastest private internet connection ? The Register

Imagine being able to DL 50 DVDs in a few minutes or perhaps the entire Stones, Beatles, and Justin Bieber catalogs in 30 seconds. One must conclude that IP owners would be very concerned if/when it becomes so effortless to DL vast media collections.

I see changes not total elimination.

Bob