What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes

Lizard king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad. My iTunes library is stored in apple lossless. Can I sync them to my iPad in a less memory intensive format.?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to iPad. My iTunes library is stored in apple lossless. Can I sync them to my iPad in a less memory intensive format.?

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I, too, found your question a little difficult to understand. You want to have your audio/music tracks compressed a little more by using a different encoding rate?

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

Lizard king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. In lossless they're around 30gb. In mp3 format my library is under 6gb. I want to keep them lossless on my pc in case I want to burn a cd but don't need that much fidelity on my iPad. Perhaps I should post in an iTunes forum.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. In lossless they're around 30gb. In mp3 format my library is under 6gb. I want to keep them lossless on my pc in case I want to burn a cd but don't need that much fidelity on my iPad. Perhaps I should post in an iTunes forum.

OK - then it’s no problem. Just transfer the mp3 files to your iPad using something like GoodReader, the iPad’s ‘Swiss Army Knife’. It can transfer any file to the iPad using either USB or WiFi and then open them in a supporting application. It also has a built-in mp3 player.

GoodReader is consistently voted the number one ‘must have’ app by iPad Forum members. It gets consistently good reviews too at the App Store.

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

Lizard king

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...you should know I'm coming from a droid phone. I found how to teather my wifi iPad thru the droid which is WAY cool but their mp3 player sucks out loud. Big reason I bought the iPad was for iTunes...this program you suggest, does it eventually shove my songs into iTunes?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks...you should know I'm coming from a droid phone. I found how to teather my wifi iPad thru the droid which is WAY cool but their mp3 player sucks out loud. Big reason I bought the iPad was for iTunes...this program you suggest, does it eventually shove my songs into iTunes?

No - they don’t appear in the iPod app, as far as I know. Other Forum members may know if it’s possible to transfer mp3 files into the iPod app on the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts