1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes to iPad Library Sync from different connection?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by jr2012, Sep 18, 2012.

1. jr2012

jr2012 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, first post on here, please be nice and I hope someone can help? I'm not overly technical, so apologies..

So my sister is in South Africa with her iPad, she has a WiFi connection. What methods are there for her to access an iTunes library stored from a desktop here. I can sign in to her iTunes using her details, but the iPad she has in South Africa has not been attached via USB before so is not registered as a device on the desktop iTunes.

I know you can sync iTunes / iPad via WiFi, but I'm guessing that has to be the same connection (i.e. not one from half way across the World).

Would there be any other options for her to access different media like songs or movies? I was thinking uploading to FTP or can she access our home network some how?

Thanks in advance.
    JR
  2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 1
    I'm afraid that there's no way to do what you want. You can't connect an iPad to an iTunes library stored in a computer located in a distant country. It has to be done with the supplied USB cable or through a WIFI connection on the same network.