What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes question

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes music ...

What causes iTunes to duplicate or triplicate all your songs?
How do we rectify this phenomena?

Reaction score
Not sure, whether there is an automated way to remove duplicates. But what I do, is in iTunes, select File->Display Duplicates and than select the duplicates and delete them.

There may be a neater way, but if there is, it hasn't crossed my path, yet.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will usually happen if you re-add a song to your library a couple times, when I moved iTunes to my new computer, I had quadruple songs. :)

OP
A

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Not sure, whether there is an automated way to remove duplicates. But what I do, is in iTunes, select File->Display Duplicates and than select the duplicates and delete them.

There may be a neater way, but if there is, it hasn't crossed my path, yet.

I went into my iTunes on the PC, selected the File on the top left corner but the option of Display Duplicates is greyed out so I can't follow your method.

Reaction score
Ayrshire said:
I went into my iTunes on the PC, selected the File on the top left corner but the option of Display Duplicates is greyed out so I can't follow your method.

Are you browsing the music, before you go to File->Display Duplicates? It probably won't work, if you haaven't selected the Music tab first.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know about this deleting duplicates feature but a lot of my duplicates are where there are various albums with the same song. Surely that would create loads of holes in your albums. I was going to do this last year but I couldn't bear the thought of holey albums.

DUMI's right, make sure you are in music section, some things are so obvious but trial and error and making sure no-one else knows is good!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I knew one of you was going to do that! I like my albums whole! 

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts