What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Orphaned Videos

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is more of an iTunes question than an iPad question, but it involves my iPad so I hope you don't mind me posting it here. I find this forum to be the most helpful.

A while ago I started downloading a couple of TV shows through iTunes but the process was taking so long that I cancelled it and deleted the partial downloads from that area. Now every time I do an update to my apps in iTunes, the download of these videos starts again. They are both hundreds of MB in size. I right-click and delete them each time only to have them return the next time I do an update to my apps.

The message beside these downloading file names states "orphaned videos in database 2 - do not use".

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
You have multiple options

-simply wait. You have to download movies within a certain time frame. If that passes, you would have to purchase them again
-let it finish downloading once. This doesn't have to be on your iPad, it is enough if you download it on your desktop.

Most reactions

Latest posts