1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes not recognizing Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by a.arkwright07, Jun 13, 2011.

1. a.arkwright07

a.arkwright07 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yesterday, I went to plug my ipad into my macbook to sync and update things. However, iTunes would not recognize the ipad. I tried my iphone and itunes found that device. I tried 3 different cables (all Apple cables). I restarted the ipad, the computer, and even uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. And nothing. The ipad will not even charge. I have an appointment today with Apple and hopefully they can resolve it. I read somewhere that others were experiencing similar issues and Apple simply replaced the problem ipad because of a hardware issue. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Here's a question likely to get chuckles...what are the chances I will luck out and receive an ipad 2 as a replacement?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    Good luck. And yes, as long as it is still under warrenty and the problem is not correctable then and there, you'll probaly get a replacement.

As for your question... slim to none. There are too many iPad 1s still in the system for you to get that lucky. :)