What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's here!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 8 is now ready for downloading.
image.jpg

Make sure to read this thread before making the decision to upgrade to iCloud Drive. http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/c...uring-ios-8-installation.123907/#post-1078231

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. It started a couple minutes before 10:00 PST. Mine is currently ¾ of the first bar completed, on "Preparing Update". It took a surprisingly short time to download, but I'm at least 25 minutes into the the process and expecting at least another 10 minutes at the current rate.
Using the OTA (Over The Air) method.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting. My mini is slow.

Edit: it needed almost an hour for downloading and preparing the update. Now it's installing.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All booted up.

First things noticed.

If you have two-step verification enable on your account, have your iPhone or other verification device handy. You'll need it to authenticate iCloud. (not iCloud Drive, which I did not turn on).

The Podcast app is now native, and will be installed by default.

There is a new icon called Tips, which promises new tips on how to use your iPad, every week. Haven't dug into it yet.

You probably won't hear from me for a couple hours, as I intend to do a deep dive into the new features and settings. :D

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mini is up to date. Disabled the predictice keyboard feature.

iPad Air needs just a few more minutes for completing the installation.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Downloading now iOS 8 for iPhone 5 in Australia. Looking good ios8 needs 4 gb clear on any iOS device so you will need to either remove files and or apps if you donot have a computer or attach your device to a computer running the latest iTunes software. Download time using cable internet at 18mbs per sec is approx 14 minutes on a MacBook Installation time is approx a further 10 minutes. Back up your iOS devices prior to upgrading either via iCloud or computer Currently servers seem to be normal 8am Brisbane Thursday 18th. (16 hours ahead of USA west coast). I will provide a update once I have time to evaluate. Note you must have your device connected to power if Over the air is used.

sdleasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My battery was fully charged, so I didn't need to plug in to power to update. Took about an hour overall. No server or download problems. Didn't lose anything - mail, pictures, videos all there. Some new features, but I'm not blown out of the water. I'll have to play with it this weekend or read what others have found.

Most reactions

Latest posts