What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is MyWif faster than iTether?

Talarspeed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently using iTether with my iPad and the connection is slow. Reminds me of the old days with 56K dial-up modems. Before using iTether, I used the trial version of MyWi, and it seemed much faster.

Is this my imagination?

Granted, that the limiting step is most likely my 3G iPhone running 3.1; but I can't upgrade the OS until December (long story). Besides I was warned not to upgrade a 3G phone to OS 4.0+

My ultimate question is "Will I see a noticeable speed increase using MyWi"?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that MyWi runs great for me. Yes it was a little pricey for a jailbreak app but it has really worked well.

It doesn't appear to be CPU intensive so I don't see why an iPhone 3G would have any problem running it at full speed. But if your 3G speed itself is slow, then tethering is going to be slow. But if Safari opens pages quickly on the 3G, they should open quickly on the iPad--if not faster since the iPad has a faster CPU.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts