Is anyone else excited for the clamcase pro?

Discussion in 'iPAD 4 Accessories' started by Jachrist, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jachrist

Jachrist iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last night I discovered the clamcase pro. Supposedly an improvement on all issues with the original clamcase. I am psyched to get ahold of this when they ship.

Is anyone else excited or have any special info on it?

Btw, I chose it over the brydge because it is cheaper ($150 shipped) and it has a full shift key and a better delete key.

2. Beards

Beards iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Mmmm... Not available for overseas customers ~ "At this time, ClamCase® only delivers to shipping addresses within the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii".

3. Tarpasashack

Tarpasashack iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have one on order since 2/5. Can't wait, it looks really good. I was told they would ship the first part of March and its the 12 th now soooooo.

4. TechFreakBob

TechFreakBob iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am excited Jachrist. I just ordered it. This will make my 3rd. ClamCase. I have had them on my iPad2, 3 and 4th gen. I love their quality and customer service. I had some hung issues on my last Clamcase Trooper version. They replaced it with no issues or questions aside from what was wrong with it. I always get questions from people about the case. They think it is an ultra book or something. Then when I flip it 360deg around into tablet mode people freak! I have actually had people try and stop me because they think I will break it. I have tried several cases and the Clamcase is by far the best made and most functional. I am done with the flip over fleather wedge cases. Fleather for fake leather. One addition they might try someday is the addition of speakers the the Brydge case has. I know they wouldn't sound great but it would help with having the sound up front like a laptop. But the amp would be a drain on the battery life of the keyboard I guess. Anyway, I got mine ordered today. I was hoping the entire thing would be aluminum finish, with the exception of the hinge. I guess the lid is white and the bottom is aluminum. I may have to go custom on it and skin the lid. Can't wait either way! Woo-Hoo!

5. Tarpasashack

Tarpasashack iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3/18 just got it. i am very impressed, i know that some don't like the white, but i really like it. It looks like a cross between an old macbook and a new macbook pro.

6. jkingrph

jkingrph iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I preordered one for my iPad Air, and was informed that it shipped last Friday. It should be here mid week.

7. jkingrph

jkingrph iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got mine, charged it and connected. Keyboard is great. White color is ok, but I think a more sliver to match the back of the Air would be nicer.
    I tried using an Apple 2m usb to lightning charge cable and it would pop right out, The Clamcase charge port opening for the iPad is not quite large enough. I took a small round needle file and gradually enlarged the port until the cable would fit and connect. I have read that the port opening for the 3.5mm ear buds is also too small, and may address that at a later date.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014