What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPod App

Ravi Kiran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hai friends, My one is iPod 8GB, Software version 4.3.3

want my old apps in apple i pod as it is but would like to add few more free apps to it., when i complete download the new apps, after pressing the sysn button then there is message showing in I-Tunes that old apps will be deleted., how i can solve this problem., keeping old Apps i want to add some more new apps

Thank you very much:p

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps

Hai friends, My one is iPod 8GB, Software version 4.3.3

want my old apps in apple i pod as it is but would like to add few more free apps to it., when i complete download the new apps, after pressing the sysn button then there is message showing in I-Tunes that old apps will be deleted., how i can solve this problem., keeping old Apps i want to add some more new apps

Thank you very much:p

In Itunes, untick the box that say's "Automatically Sync Apps" In fact, I would turn off the autosync completely. It gives you more control over what is and is not copied. Hope this helps :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, Vintage gave excellent advice. You'll find the option to turn off auto-sync in iTunes preferences under the devices tab.

Sounds like you've never synced the device to that computer. When you connect it and it tells you that it will erase the apps, there should also be an option to Transfer Purchases. Choose that. If you don't get the option, cancel the sync, right click on the device in the Devices list, and choose Transfer Purchases.

It is important that the old apps on the iPod and your new apps be from the same iTunes account. If not it will cause problems unless you're prepared to do some fancy account footwork every time you update them.

And the old iPod app probably won't look very good on the iPad. There will be exceptions, but don't expect too much.

Most reactions