What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod 4

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very disappointed to learn my ipod 4 won't get the new iOS 7! Just spent close to 300$ on it and now it's gonna be out dated in less than 5 months! Why is the iPhone 4 going to get it and not the iPod?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hi,

Your disappointment is understandable, given the investment you made. To answer your question, the problem is RAM. The iPod 4 while similar to the iPhone 4
has too little System Memory (256MB) RAM. iOS 7 requires 512 MB.

I'm going to direct your question to some of our 'Jailbreak' experts, to see if that's an option for you.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I guess I understand that but its still kinda sad. I just wonder if the iPod 4 will get any more updates since its still sold or if apple will drop it all together... I know it can be jailbroken but its tethered and I've not gotten a good answer from anyone about pros and cons of a tethered one.... Just glad I'm iPad 4 and mini will get the iOS 7!

Last edited:
OP
rhardin

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes that is very good news! Go KC!

Most reactions