What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S REVEALED! Let's Talk iPhone Event FULL COVERAGE

Android16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple needed a iphone 5, android is coming out with the Nexus Prime and will be running the new Ice Cream Sandwich and will have a dual core processer clocked at 1.5 Ghz. Im scared for apple, look what happened to the company the last time Jobs wasnt th CEO? Hopfuly the ipad 3 will get better to stay in the game.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am disappointed. Now I will be trading in my Blackberry for Droid Bionic. Was waiting and waiting for iPhone 5!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 3GS so I'll be happy to get it, but not till my contract expires next March/April.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
I havent had an iPhone before so im going for it
Same here! The camera improvement alone is enough to make me excited. I'm up for an upgrade way before the 5 comes out so yeah. Getting the 4S for Christmas/with Christmas money.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android16 said:
Apple needed a iphone 5, android is coming out with the Nexus Prime and will be running the new Ice Cream Sandwich and will have a dual core processer clocked at 1.5 Ghz. Im scared for apple, look what happened to the company the last time Jobs wasnt th CEO? Hopfuly the ipad 3 will get better to stay in the game.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. They really did need to come out with a 5 to be competitive, I don't really know what they were thinking and what the build up was. That being said I'll probably get the iPhone 4S.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

SC25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TonyPie said:
Really disappointed that the screen display was not enlarged, no Safari tabbed browsing in iPhone 4S (i think).

Hello, sorry but I think that the iPhone4S have a Safari tabbed browsing, because this feature comes with IOS5.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3GS so I'll be happy to get it, but not till my contract expires next March/April.

apple usually launches an iphone in june-july, so be aware when that time comes.

they already got the A5, the 8MP camera, siri, world phone, 64GB, iOS 5 etc, etc.....already setup in a new iphone, so they just need to focus on the re-design that everyone needs, and that shouldn't be too far off.

I really do see an iPhone 5 for summer 2012, but for sure in 2012....because apple released an iphone every year since initial iphone launch(2007).

iphone - june 29 2007
iphone 3G - july 11 2008
iphone 3GS - june 19 2009
iphone 4 - june 24 2010(GSM) --- feb 10 2011(cdma) --- white iphone - apr 28 2011
iphone 4S - oct 14 2011
iphone 5 - TBA

iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Poser, I was going to ask about that but thought maybe it was a little premature with the 4s being released now. But I do remember when I got mine that it was only a couple of months later that the 4 was released.  Thanks for the info and I will wait for the 5. That will be nice!!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure how solid this is, but 1GB ram shown for the 4S.

screen-capture-2.png

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks nice. The improved battery and camera would sell me, even though I have an iPhone 4. But I'm going to try to hold out for the Samsung Note. I really like my iPhone, but I hit the wrong key twice for every right key that I hit onscreen. I'd also like a bigger screen for books and Net navigation.

iPhone 4 already takes great photos, I find, so the iPhone 4S photos must be amazing.

deloco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I' also a bit disapointed, but on the other hand it's a good phone. I love my iPhone 4 and have no reason to upgrade to the 4GS, but that's exactly what I like about the 4GS. It's enough change to call it a good Upgrade, but not quite enough to upgrade from the previous Version (If you don't have a iPhone at all, or you have one of the old models, this is THE iPhone for you...).
The biggest disappointment of the Keynote was, at least for me, that I need to wait another week to finally get iOS 5.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The hype was getting a bit silly. Most contracts are on a two year cycle, so why introduce a redesign every year?

This is a very nice incremental upgrade for the phone and I think Siri could be the start of a serious change in the way we use mobile devices.

That said it's worth getting for the camera alone.......

Most reactions

Latest posts