iPads aren't just for the young!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by acro47, Jul 3, 2011.

1. acro47

acro47 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello friends, I am a 60+ lady new to iPad but not new to Apple. (I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro.) My company got all employees an iPad and I just got my 64gb 3G model two weeks ago.

I haven't used the iPad much yet but am eager to jump in. Right now I am on information overload. I am doing a ton of reading about various apps which might benefit me and a lot of reading on this forum, which I am thrilled to have found. I have a feeling some of you will be my best teachers!

Most important Immediately: I would love to hear your recommendations on (1) best Notes app where i can combine handwriting and keyboard, and (2) best app for editing MS Word documents.

It's nice to meet you. Thanks!

Christina
  2. retexan599

retexan599 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agree on not just for the young; I am 74 and think my iPad 2 is just great. Impresses my grandkids also :)

For note taking I use Notability. Of course if you search these threads you will find many views about the various note taking apps.

Have fun!
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +899 / 0
    Well, if you need compatibility w/ MS Word *.doc (or the newer version files), then the Apple offering (part of IWork) called Pages HERE might be worth a look - there may be other choices but this is certainly a consideration - good luck in your choices - :)
  4. GadgetGeek71

GadgetGeek71 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use Documents To Go and keep all of them in Dropbox. This way I can access them from any computer with Microsoft Word or Open Office.
  5. Drag Bunt

Drag Bunt iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland