What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3, no video thru hdmi to TV. In settings, no video icon

Dennym1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TV not recognizing signal from my ipad3 via digital av adapter and HDMI cable. iPad recognizes
adapter. No video icon on left side of settings screen. Please help. Thank you very much in advance.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is exactly the same it's worked for the last 12 months but last week it suddenly stopped working and I get "This device not supported". Perhaps somebody can merge our problems mine appears 2 bellow yours?

Richard2114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forums.

Had a similar problem, for days. Tried to find a solution in forums and net, but could not. Fortunately, I have two iPad 3 (or new iPad). One worked the other did not. It drew me nuts. They are absolutely identical. The only differences were that one was 16 GB (the kids) and the other 64 (mine). The one that worked was of course the kids one. I tried everything I knew, everything but jailbraking. Even resetting and installing app by app from scratch. Nothing..... BUT, then it hit me, the kids iPad has no 3G (cellular data). The iPad were not identical. I screw av cellular data - and voila! Both iPads working as intended. Sound and video.

Hope this helps somebody else. First time I post, but I'm a regular reader and the community has helped me a lot.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Richard,

I tried that but nah - long story but short version talked to apple, after their confusion of 1 year warranty - EU Law 2 years, that lost a big battle in the EU somewhere and it cost them plenty so don't listen to that one just politely point out they lost - google it. Anyway apple replaced their own cables and admitted the problem was with the 6.1.2 upgrade and made worse by 6.1.3. So it now works perfectly again.

Steve

Most reactions

Latest posts