What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 upgrade to ios7 problems

auntymaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just upgraded to 7 and now my email icon tells me TOTAL number of emails I have..ie 2000odd NOT how many new emails are in the inbox. Can anyone advise how to change this back to only telling me new email numbers??
Thanks a bunch

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The built in Mail app should show new emails only.

There appeared an issue for quite a few users when updating to iOS 7, though: they suddenly discovered hundreds or thousands of unread emails in their inbox. In this case simply open the Inbox of the email account, tap "Edit" (top), then you'll see "Mark All" at the bottom left. Tap it. You'll have to decide between "Flag" and "Mark as Unread" now. Select the latter. Then again: Edit, Mark All, but this time "Mark as read" will appear, which you should tap now.
If all the emails in that Inbox are unread, you'll see the second version when you do this the first time, so you don't need to go on.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts