What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 search broken

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have and iPad2 64GB WiFi only model at 5.0.1 and have noticed that if I completely power off the iPad and then go to Searchlight and search for apps it works fine. However I can go back to Search several seconds later and the search returns no results at all for Apps that are really on the ipad! Is this a known problem?

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that problem..but I had to restore my iPad to factory setting and restore it due to other problems and now iris fixed..

But anyway when I did have that problem nothing really worked to fix it..I tried restarting and rebooting my iPad..sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so I have no idea what I could say instead of resetting your iPad to factory setting but if the search thing isn't really a big deal with you I would restore it to factory setting

Although...this may be another fix..once I updates my iPad to iOS 5.1 the problem seemed to go away

OP
S

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem is that if I take that route then the iPad will be at 5.1 of iOS which currently can be jail broken.

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't use your search. IMO its pretty worthless anyway if you can just set up your springboard with folders at combine everything alike.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

OP
S

snowbound

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts