1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iPad2 search broken

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by snowbound, Mar 25, 2012.

1. snowbound

snowbound iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have and iPad2 64GB WiFi only model at 5.0.1 and have noticed that if I completely power off the iPad and then go to Searchlight and search for apps it works fine. However I can go back to Search several seconds later and the search returns no results at all for Apps that are really on the ipad! Is this a known problem?
  2. cellur111

cellur111 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I had that problem..but I had to restore my iPad to factory setting and restore it due to other problems and now iris fixed..

But anyway when I did have that problem nothing really worked to fix it..I tried restarting and rebooting my iPad..sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't so I have no idea what I could say instead of resetting your iPad to factory setting but if the search thing isn't really a big deal with you I would restore it to factory setting

Although...this may be another fix..once I updates my iPad to iOS 5.1 the problem seemed to go away
  3. snowbound

snowbound iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Problem is that if I take that route then the iPad will be at 5.1 of iOS which currently can be jail broken.
  4. HowBoutThemPack

HowBoutThemPack iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just don't use your search. IMO its pretty worthless anyway if you can just set up your springboard with folders at combine everything alike.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF
  5. snowbound

snowbound iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Fixed the problem after coming across this thread
    http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/forum/spotlight-search-not-working-iphone-4.html

Wound up disabling searching of email fixed it. Had to do a complete shutdown for it to work.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012