What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad won’t Stream...

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It’s my fault...

Upon restoring my machine, there was a setting, choices WiFi or Cellular. It was set for cellular, but since my machine is WiFi, I switched the setting to WiFi.

I had used that channel for streaming news, but now it won’t stream at all.

I get a message ‘No WiFi Signal’ (not true! I have WiFi on right now!). ‘Please turn off ‘WiFi only for Video’ in Preferences’

I don’t remember where that setting is. Can anyone please send/tell me the path so I can get my streaming news back? :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Upon restoring my machine, there was a setting, choices WiFi or Cellular. It was set for cellular, but since my machine is WiFi, I switched the setting to WiFi.

I had used that channel for streaming news, but now it won’t stream at all.

I get a message ‘No WiFi Signal’ (not true! I have WiFi on right now!). ‘Please turn off ‘WiFi only for Video’ in Preferences’

I don’t remember where that setting is. Can anyone please send/tell me the path so I can get my streaming news back? :)

Hi Sproingy - sorry, but I am not understanding your problem(s) - please provide some clarifying information that may help us respond better: 1) What iPad model do you own and what iPadOS is installed (that can be found in Settings > General > About - see my pic below - need the info in the blue box); 2) Why did you need to restore your device (be specific and thorough in your response); 3) If you have a Wi-Fi only model, why was the 'Cellular' question even asked; 4) What is meant by '..channel for streaming news..' - is this from a browser, app, or another option; and 5) Does your Wi-Fi work for other features, e.g. email, web browsing, and other apps that need a wireless connection? Hopefully answers to these questions will help other posters provide appropriate advice. Dave :)
IMG_1404.PNG

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave! To make a long story short: There’s a news app I enjoy. It has a section where you can watch it ‘Live,’ meaning you can watch it on your iPad and it’s like watching it Live on TV. I was in Settings, I made a switch, and now it won’t play like it’s TV anymore. If I could just set that switch back, I think all would be OK. But I forget where it is!

As to your questions: I have an iPad 5, iPadOS 13.7, I have been hacked since about 12/2019 and I was trying to get rid of this issue by Erasing all Content and Settings and then doing a restore. 3. Ask Apple! :) 4. Channel for streaming news- like using your iPad as you would your TV. I usually use an icon from the home screen, e.g. NBC. Sometimes I use a web browser, too, but I find the home screen icons give better service.

Thank you all for your interest! :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave! To make a long story short: There’s a news app I enjoy. It has a section where you can watch it ‘Live,’ meaning you can watch it on your iPad and it’s like watching it Live on TV. I was in Settings, I made a switch, and now it won’t play like it’s TV anymore. If I could just set that switch back, I think all would be OK. But I forget where it is!

Tell us which 'News App' you are using? Where in Settings did you look, e.g. Wi-Fi, the App's icon or elsewhere? Also, is your Wi-Fi working for other functions, e.g. email, web browsing, etc. - if your trying to 'stream' then you'll need a functional wireless setup.

As to your questions: I have an iPad 5, iPadOS 13.7, I have been hacked since about 12/2019 and I was trying to get rid of this issue by Erasing all Content and Settings and then doing a restore. 3. Ask Apple! :) 4. Channel for streaming news- like using your iPad as you would your TV. I usually use an icon from the home screen, e.g. NBC. Sometimes I use a web browser, too, but I find the home screen icons give better service.

Well, see comments above - also you may want to do a 'hard reset' of the iPad - won't hurt but may not help - good luck and repost - Dave :)

Most reactions