Ipad will not connect to internet

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Bkaye2020, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bkaye2020

Bkaye2020 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an IPad 2 with 3G. The cable company installed a cable modem in my house. I bought a wireless
    Router and they connected it to the modem. All connections are good and all power is on. My IPad is getting a strong signal from the router. In wifi settings I clicked to choose that network but IPad and safari will not connect to Internet. I don't have a computer. The cable company said it would all work with just modem, router and iPad. What do I need to do? Thanks

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    Do you have another WiFi device - iPhone, laptop etc - that you can use to check whether the WiFi connection is actually also connected to the Internet?

Tim

3. Bkaye2020

Bkaye2020 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tim.............No just my IPad. Instructions came with the router about connecting to Internet. I used the setup wizard and got a message that the connection was alive and well. I got a message about "static IP address" and then a bunch of zeros in the spaces where the numbers go. I replaced the zeros with the numbers from settings on my iPad, but couldn't find any settings for gateway address. Thanks for the help.

4. Bkaye2020

Bkaye2020 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I tried my friend's wifi phone and it wouldn't connect either.