ipad vs laptop?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Yakuzagang5, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Very possible. I did a 7 page research paper, 5 page essay, and 25 slide presentation all on the iPad. The apps are Pages and keynote. Very nice apps, and pretty full featured.

Lemme know if you need more info

2. Revedumontherbet

Revedumontherbet
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Works well for me at work

It depends of what you want to do, I would say no for writing a thesis or doing a lengthy PowerPoint, but I use it everyday at work because I move a lot around and it works very well. I have all my documents with me, I can take notes in meetings and my desk is less cluttered

3. friendlyfriend

friendlyfriend
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As everything in this world, iPad has it's ups and downs, same story with Laptop. To be honest, for fun work, entertainment iPad is good, but if talking about work, research and other things, I prefer laptop, because in my opinion it's more handy.

4. Ptybb1

Ptybb1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am quite the opposite. In my line of work fuere are tons of meetings and the iPad offfers the flexibility for presentations, spreadsheet analysis and discussions, as well as proyect management.

5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll second that, I'm off work at the moment due to health reasons and thanks to the iPad I have been able to continue running my project.....I've only had to crack open my MacBook a couple of times in the last few weeks.

The Archangel

6. Ptybb1

Ptybb1
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks this is a great website and I'm using the app which is awesome !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. BenTim

BenTim
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If you're just watching stuff, then iPad is a great tool. If it's more about typing, then you either want a bluetooth keyboard or a laptop. Don't get me wrong, the on-screen keyboard is not bad but it is no replacement for a real one once you wanna enter more than search criteria on google.

8. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I find cutting and pasting a lot a drag on iPad, so writing a bunch wouldn't work well for me on iPad unless I didn't cut and paste much. For that, I still much prefer a PC or laptop, or even a netbook, because I can use a mouse.

9. observer4u

observer4u
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I Have been using ipad2 since long and have stopped using my pcs because it is the best beast in cutting pasting and emailing technology

10. techkid420

techkid420
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    If you get a Smart Cover and the Apple Wireless keyboard its as good as a laptop if not better. I am a college student and use this more then my MacBook Pro just cause of how easy and fast (Responsive) they are. Get the iPad 2. Its awesome.

Sent from my Verizon 3G iPad 2 64GB using iPF