What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad too bright for reading

imac9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I read a book in pdf the ipad is too bright which makes reading nearly impossible.
Is there any app that simulates or become less bright the ipad?

Thanks
Try "Marvin" iPad App. It is the best that I have found and I have tested a bunch of different "readers" over the past couple of years. It lets you change the background color as well as the text color. I read in a lot with all lights off and I set Marvin to a black background with orange text. Very easy on my eyes, and if it still seems too bright after a few chapters, I can tap the screen and slide my finger up or down to adjust the brightness. Very easy to customize. I used to use Stanza but it has become Abandonware now and it was not as easy to set up as Marvin is. Marvin's developer was very responsive and helpful to my questions about the App. Let us know what you think !

OP
T

treta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said some days ago after triing some apps now I'm using eBookReader 4.0.3.
We can choose any Font, any Font Color or any background color
Also the book page is the size of the ipad. Much easy for reading then the pdf
Must convert pdf into epub but it's easy.

Any way I'll try yours sugestions.

Thanks again

grumpy70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I read a book in pdf the ipad is too bright which makes reading nearly impossible.

Thanks
there is s perfect app for this its called f.lux but your ipad has to be jailbroken and as of right now youre in luck cuz any i device can be jailbroken at this time so look into it it changes everything makes your i device way better in so many ways

Hettybetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks

You can allso open PDFs in scribd. It's an app on the AppStore; I'm not sure about any of the other stores.

Most reactions

Latest posts