What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad sound

ejazahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My grandson's iPad's sound is not working.When we put the volume on the , headphone sign appears. We can hear the sound with headphone but can't without headphone . Pease help.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
ejazahmad said:
My grandson's iPad's sound is not working.When we put the volume on the , headphone sign appears. We can hear the sound with headphone but can't without headphone . Pease help.

Is it eventually connected to a bluetooth device which identifies itself as headphones? Disable bluetooth and try again! (my best guess atm)

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Daniel Jones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kiwitech.com
If switching off the bluetooth does not worked try to completely reset your audio settings, and still if there is no result then have your speaker hardware checked at the store.

romnickhudges

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bookgator.com
Just reset your audio settings normally iPad sound is a problem even with me before as it performs very lousy but now the sound normalize and I'm loving it

Last edited by a moderator:

prime_81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having an issue of my own:

So this is my first iPad and it's Apple's newest of course (I wouldn't have had it any other way!)
Obviously I'm new to this but I've noticed something that's irking me...
I click the audio icon to listen, but nothing. Instead I'm redirected to the article's origin and the audio icon is not longer available to click. I'm guessing this is happening because my iPad 3 is not able to play the audio for whatever reason, so what gives?
Here is the link to use as an example:

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
prime_81 said:
Having an issue of my own:

So this is my first iPad and it's Apple's newest of course (I wouldn't have had it any other way!)
Obviously I'm new to this but I've noticed something that's irking me...
I click the audio icon to listen, but nothing. Instead I'm redirected to the article's origin and the audio icon is not longer available to click. I'm guessing this is happening because my iPad 3 is not able to play the audio for whatever reason, so what gives?
Here is the link to use as an example:

I did try your link before deleting....the same thing happened to me, I can't tell you why this is happening but it seems to be the site here and not the iPad.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
E

ejazahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank everyone for your suggestion. I switched off Bluetooth but it did not work . I have done complete resetting but still the problem persists.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ejazahmad said:
Thank everyone for your suggestion. I switched off Bluetooth but it did not work . I have done complete resetting but still the problem persists.

Do you turn the music off first before taking the headphone jack out as this can stop the sound. I noticed you say that the headphone icon was on, is this on without the headphone plugged in? Look in the hole and see if anything has wedged in here, don't go sticking anything in though.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check the mute switch on the side.Make sure it is off.

OP
E

ejazahmad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked the mute switch.
It is not on mute mode. The problem is the headphone sign and " headphone" written appears on the screen .

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ejazahmad said:
I checked the mute switch.
It is not on mute mode. The problem is the headphone sign and " headphone" written appears on the screen .

Did you look in the headphone hole to see if anything is caught in there? If not try a reset of your iPad - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know if that makes a difference here.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

mobileapplover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobileapplicationdevelopmentservices.com
[FONT=&quot]According to me, you can check r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]otation lock is now a software function via the taskbar (double click the home button, slide from the left, and press the button far left; press home key to exit taskbar; repeat to switch rotation lock off.[/FONT]

Most reactions

Latest posts