iPad screen scratch protector thread...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Leafgreen, Jul 21, 2010.

?

Which screen protector do you use?

1. Xgear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Invisibleshield

31 vote(s)
    86.1%
  3. StealthGuards

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. BodyGuardz

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have you used the GPS feature of the Ipad while flying, if so what program are you using.Read that two bothers flying a Cessna used the GPS on a Iphone and it did a excellent job.
    Al

2. tdmsu

tdmsu
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    After just a couple days with the invisible shield I can say that the appearance of finger prints is reduced by about 80% in my experience. It is easier to read in bright light, too.

3. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yep invisishield is the best especially with the warranty replacement I use the shield and the apple iPad case a match made in heaven!

4. lrg32

lrg32
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use a Full body protector from Best Skins Ever (BSE). They are similar to the Zagg Shield but 1/3rd of the price. I literally have every electronic I own covered in this film including my ipad, iphone, ipods, and my girls blackberry.

1. How resistant is it to showing finger smudges?
    It shows smudges but not as bad as if the screen were naked. Any screen protector will show smudges with use, and some more than others.

2. How clear is it?
    Very clear, its invisible.

3. Does it stay put, or does it peel up at the edges?
    It stays put very well, I have no peel ups on any of my devices. But then again on top of the BSE skin, I also keep my stuff in either a silicone case of some type or the silicrylic case from Incipio.

4. After you remove it, does it leave any residue?
    Nope..............

5. Xhigh

Xhigh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Has anyone tried BoxWave's ClearTouch Crystal screen protector? I recently installed the zagg and noticed that it does distort the ipad screen visually which I do not like. I want something that is 99% clear. Any suggestions?

6. NickR

NickR
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Didn't want to pay load of money for a screen guard so I found a cheep one on eBay £1.75, can't tell its on my iPad also is better than no protector for leaving finger prints :)

7. dirtydan

dirtydan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use a Speck Shield View Anti-Glare Matte finish. It doesn't get finger prints very much, and they clean off easily. As far as effecting the picture, I can't tell the difference from the original iPad screen, except it has a dull finish when observed with the iPad turned off. Easy to install, and no scratches yet.
    They cost about $24 for two.
    Dan

#17 dirtydan, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  8. Game_Writer

Game_Writer
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I just got a new screen protector off eBay that's rather interesting. First of all, this is the third brand I've purchased. So far they have been quite thin and went on poorly, even after considerable cleaning and preparation. This last one is much thicker and went on smoothly with no bubbles at all.

But, this one is mirror reflective. I haven't decided if I like it yet or not. It's really cool, but a bit distracting. Im going to have to try it for a few days first. In any case, it's a lot higher quality protector than the other ones I tried. The surface isn't quite as slick as others, but I like it fine. When you turn off the screen, the iPad looks like a mirror and you can see yourself in it.

If you're interested, here's the eBay auction:

5 X Clear Mirror Screen Guard Protector For Apple iPad - eBay (item 280505787684 end time Aug-09-10 20:21:31 PDT)

Cost is pretty cheap at $15 for 5x with free shipping. By the way, I have no connection to this seller--but I just ordered from him a mirror protector for my iPhone to try as well.

#18 Game_Writer, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  9. iPadMomma

iPadMomma
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Tried the InvisibleShield by Zagg and I'm sending it back.

Contrary to what everybody else says it shows fingerprints worse than when it had no protection and it doesn't allow my fingers to run across the screen as smoothly as I'd like them to. If you look at Amazon's site you'll see that many people concur with my opinions.

I ordered a simple set of 3 from Amazon. When they come in I'll apply and see what happens.

10. mslammers

mslammers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am using a screen cover made by Apple. Comes with the iPad at no additional cost and works great. No fingerprint problem if you wash your hands daily, cleans off with a microfiber cloth, [Windex makes them and you can get a box of them at grocery store], scratch resistant [don't play in sand box with your iPad], no distortion in use and no bubbles. Looks good.
    :)