What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad screen locked

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you activated one of the Accessibility features. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility. At the very bottom of the page you'll see the shortcut feature. If you have one of these selected a triple click of the home button will activate it.

Thee fingered gestures are the usual way to use accessibility features, mostly Zoom mode. I'm not certain what mode you were in. Youre description sounds like a combination of Zoom and Assistive Touch, or maybe Guided Access.

A good reset, as you described in your last note, almost always takes you back out accessibility mode. Your first attempt at a reset was not complete. You should wait for the Apple Logo appears before releasing the home and power button, just to be certain you've held them long enough.

OP
I

islandman

Sounds like you activated one of the Accessibility features. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility. At the very bottom of the page you'll see the shortcut feature. If you have one of these selected a triple click of the home button will activate it.

Thee fingered gestures are the usual way to use accessibility features, mostly Zoom mode. I'm not certain what mode you were in. Youre description sounds like a combination of Zoom and Assistive Touch, or maybe Guided Access.

A good reset, as you described in your last note, almost always takes you back out accessibility mode. Your first attempt at a reset was not complete. You should wait for the Apple Logo appears before releasing the home and power button, just to be certain you've held them long enough.

Yes , it was quite an early morning start to surfing. I had used my ipad in bed because I woke early and somehow created that situation, then downstairs, I used my laptop to seek a solution. But, after that, I went to one of my other forums and clicked on the button which shows posts since my last visit and started to read one. As I read it, I knew instantly it was a post I had made early in March, someone had joined overnight, copied/pasted a post at random which happened to be mine and left a link in their signature which led to an unsavory site (so they tell me). The mods removed it.

Two things in a day, should I go to bed and avoid anything else?

Meriii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What exactly is the sense of the three fingure feature?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What exactly is the sense of the three fingure feature?

The three fingered gestures are used with the Zoom accessibility feature. It's meant for the visually impaired, and allows you to zoom in/out of any screen and scroll around. If you go to Settings > General > Accessibility you can turn it on and play around. There is a description of the gestures and what they do just below the feature's on/off switch.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes , it was quite an early morning start to surfing. I had used my ipad in bed because I woke early and somehow created that situation, then downstairs, I used my laptop to seek a solution. But, after that, I went to one of my other forums and clicked on the button which shows posts since my last visit and started to read one. As I read it, I knew instantly it was a post I had made early in March, someone had joined overnight, copied/pasted a post at random which happened to be mine and left a link in their signature which led to an unsavory site (so they tell me). The mods removed it.

Two things in a day, should I go to bed and avoid anything else?

Yes, that happens now and then. It used to be a nightly occurrence here, before the new software. Some kind of bot would copy and quote (as a new post) a part of an older post, along with add or malware links.

It's an ongoing battle, and one of the reasons many forums limit the ability to post links or upload content until a new member has a minimum number of posts.

Most reactions

Latest posts