What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad says 4.3.5 but blob says 4.3.4

michele5389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a newbie here, so please be patient with me. I have an iPad 1, jail broke it, and was a little tired of the tethering so I decided to downgrade to 4.3.3. When I attempted to downgrade, I couldn't. I got an error message in iTunes about my build not being supported. I surfed for awhile looking for the same error and a fix when I noticed my iPad says it's running on 4.3.5, Cydia is saying I am running on 4.3.5 but my blob is saying I am running 4.3.4. I figured I start all over again and restore the iPad via iTunes but could not - got the same error message.

Any suggestions? I would like to get this fixed before the end of next week - I have a business trip and REALLY don't want to take my laptop in case my iPad dies for some reason.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you have 4.3.5 installed, and Cydia says you have blobs only for 4.3.4, right? (the top of the Cydia screen in Green when you start it?)

That is not an error. It is perfectly normal if you only recently jailbroke. You can only save blobs from Apple, and they only provide you with blobs for the current firmware when you ask. So, you were far too late for 4.3.3 probably. You first asked when 4.3.4 was out.

Blobs have nothing to do with the firmware installed, they are dependent on what Apple is handing out on the day you ask for them. That is why it is so important to save them away when they give them to you.

I'm afraid, based on the information you provided, you are only entitled to install 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 today, therefore you are pretty much stuck with 4.3.5 (no point in downgrading to 4.3.4, it is exactly the same tethered jailbreak as 4.3.5).

So, you either need to live with being tethered on your trip, or restore stock 4.3.5 and live without the jailbreak during your trip. Sorry.

OP
M

michele5389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, Cydia's says 4.3.5. When I have to tethered, the file that works says 4.3.4.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
michele5389 said:
No, Cydia's says 4.3.5. When I have to tethered, the file that works says 4.3.4.

Makes no odds. You are stuck with 4.3.5. Sorry.

OP
M

michele5389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I am not following. So you are saying I cannot go back to the standard 4.3.5 - no jailbreak?

OP
M

michele5389

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - I did a little research, and as it turns out, when you jailbreak 4.3.5 the firmware redsnow provides is 4.3.4. I was able to restore to an unjailbreak state.

When I figure out the rest, I will post.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I obviously didn't pick up what it was you wanted information on in your original post.

Nothing will ever stop you from reinstalling the latest stock firmware unless your hosts file is not pointing at Apple. This probably changed in your situation because you used TinyUmbrella. But it is easy to correct.

To fix your problem it is important that you open TinyUmbrella, switch to the Advanced tab, and UNTICK the box which says "Set hosts to Cydia on exit".

Then you can exit TU, open iTunes, and press RESTORE. This will allow the 4.3.5 firmware to be reinstalled without a problem.

If you still get an iTunes error message, put your device into DFU mode and try the restore again. More info on that here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Hope the helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts