What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Safari Browser won't play embedded unlisted youtube videos

starky1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I embedded a youtube video using iframes on a facebook canvas app. The embedded unlisted video plays fine on all browsers and the more recent mobile phones, but it does not work correctly with the iPad. The model i used to test is a iPad 2 and on OS7. Can I do anything to allow the embed unlisted video to play directly from the page?

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Which version of the YouTube clip did you embed? AFIAK, YouTube have multiple formats for clips depending on the client machine. If you've linked to a flash type version, it will not play, it needs to be an mp4 variety for the iPad to play.

OP
S

starky1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The video that I am showing is of mp4 format. It works fine when the video is placed listed instead of unlisted. I wonder might it be that the ipad internet browsers are not able to find the video if they are placed unlisted? Googled the problem but couldn't find one that can address this issue I am facing. =(

Most reactions

Latest posts