What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad refuses to shut down

trinicki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My ipad2 will not shut down.
To be more specific, the pad does shut down but immediately restarts on its own.

I have tried doing a hard reset but no go...no matter what I do, the pad always restarts.

This started right after the pad drained down to zero... Or at least I am assuming it was completely drained.

Lastly, I'm currently on the latest software, 7.1

Any suggestions?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

My ipad2 will not shut down.
To be more specific, the pad does shut down but immediately restarts on its own.

I have tried doing a hard reset but no go...no matter what I do, the pad always restarts.

This started right after the pad drained down to zero... Or at least I am assuming it was completely drained.

Lastly, I'm currently on the latest software, 7.1

Any suggestions?

Just curious, but how are you shutting the device down? Your description of the problem sounds like a reset, and a restart is normal for that precedure.

OP
T

trinicki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I neglected to add that shutting the pad off via the normal power button results in a restart also.

I was hoping I wasn't going to have to restore, I will keep that as a last resort

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What happens when you hold the upper power button until the red "Slide to power off" button shows up and you slide the button to power off the device??

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When it's charging, trinicki should still be able to turn it off.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had my iPad go down to 2% because I fell asleep while watching a movie. I immediately plugged it in, then I made sure every app was shut down, them powered it off completely, all this while plugged in. Then I left it for a day to get it back up to 100%
Just make sure all apps are closed, and it is plugged in to power when you power off. That "should " work.

Peace begins with a smile. :)
M Teresa

Most reactions

Latest posts