What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad pro 9.7 Advice on a specifc accessory please ?

valtonio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

thanks firstly for accepting me as a member of this fantastic looking forum.

I was wondering could you provide me with some advice please ?

I enjoy using my iPad mainly in bed due to an accident I'm recovering from. I find that holding and using the iPad particularly in a lying position over time starts to strain my neck & back and also becomes quite heavy. I currently rest the iPad on my chest however i find this isn't ideal.I was wondering could you recommend some desk type stands that could hold,d the iPad in a sturdy position meaning all i have to worry about is inputing actions on the screen ? Secondly i have been looking at different keyboards for the iPad and was wondering would it be sturdy enough to hold the iPad in position while using at the kitchen table ?

Thank you in advance and i look forward to some suggestions which may help.

Thank you A

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, valtonio!

The Smart Case will hold the iPad at a comfortable angle for using the touchscreen when placed on a flat surface such as a desktop. There are many bluetooth keyboard cases available that will hold your iPad steady while sitting on a table. Apple has the Smart Keyboard for the iPad Pro which will do a good job of holding the iPad steady while using it on a table or desk. The angle is fixed, though, unlike the variable angles available to some of the bluetooth keyboards.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I enjoy using my iPad mainly in bed due to an accident I'm recovering from. I find that holding and using the iPad particularly in a lying position over time starts to strain my neck & back and also becomes quite heavy...

Secondly i have been looking at different keyboards for the iPad and was wondering would it be sturdy enough to hold the iPad in position while using at the kitchen table ?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) SciFan.. has already provided excellent advice, but there are SO MANY options that you need to do some googling and research on your own. As to using your iPad in bed, just google 'iPad holders in bed' and checkout the images - first pic below are my results and dozens of other pics were available by scrolling - look at the ones of interest and click their websites for further information - I'm sure that you can find one to fit your needs and budget - I don't use one so have no specific recommendation.

As to a keyboard, same advice, i.e. google 'iPad cases with keyboards' - see second pic - same comments, dozens of other pics w/ scrolling. For myself, I use an Apple 'Smart Cover' which folds and supports the device on a table + an Apple BT keyboard - combination works fine for me, but again there are so many choices for cases, keyboards, integrated cases, etc. Good luck - Dave :)
iPadBed.png
iPadKBs.png

Most reactions