What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Printing: Outside Signal Interference?

AlexV.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi---hoping someone here has experienced this or knows what the issue could be....

While on the road I used to print with the iPad via a LAN set-up using an Airport Express router. Not sure if IOS 5 is responsible but possibly since the upgrade i am no longer able to do so.

Everything works fine in my home, meaning i can print from the iPad to both my HP D110 printer or non-Airprint HP Photosmart printer (using HP's printing app) with the same local network set-up. Where it doesn't work is at outside venues, like hotels, trade shows, museums, etc.,---public places with an abundance of smartphones or surrounding wi-fi signals.

Printing at these venues starts out fine but then it's suddenly like my wireless signal gets knocked out of the air or something. Printing freezes or stops at a quarter of a page or sooner.

Anyone know what this is about? Is this a new issue? And more importantly; is there any way to counter this?

Most reactions