What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad photo management - help!

HappySuzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting an i-phone tomorrow and i'm nervous because I still can't figure out my ipad's photo system. One last desperate attempt to figure it out.

I have 3 tabs: photos / photostream (i get this - i'm synced to my MacBook Pro) / albums (I think I get this - it's a way to organize my camera roll, whose photos are only on this devise and all albums must have a duplicate picture in camera roll - despite that being so redundant) but what is the deal with the FRST TA: PHOTOS??? these seem almost like camera roll but aren't.. should i just ignore it?

I'm trying to figure this out without asking my teens so, please, any help is much appreciated!

HS

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am getting an i-phone tomorrow and i'm nervous because I still can't figure out my ipad's photo system. One last desperate attempt to figure it out.

I have 3 tabs: photos / photostream (i get this - i'm synced to my MacBook Pro) / albums (I think I get this - it's a way to organize my camera roll, whose photos are only on this devise and all albums must have a duplicate picture in camera roll - despite that being so redundant) but what is the deal with the FRST TA: PHOTOS??? these seem almost like camera roll but aren't.. should i just ignore it?

I'm trying to figure this out without asking my teens so, please, any help is much appreciated!

HS

Hi, welcome to iPF!

In the Photos tab you'll find every picture that's stored in your albums, listed by the time it was added to the app. There are several apps, like Snapseed, that need access to your pictures, and, as soon as you've edited a photo and save it to the photos, will create an extra album (in "Albums"). These pictures are also to be found in the Photos tab.

You don't need to use it, if you don't want to. Most of the time I go to "Albums", because "Photos" is too confusing.
As soon as you add photos you took with a camera (not iPad or iPhone), you'll see a new tab: "Events". Here you will see the pictures with the date you imported them to the app.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts