What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad paired but not connected????

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I'm trying to pair iPad with Macbook to try Hippo remote and use iPad as big touchpad.

They have found each other and paired but both devices say 'not connected'. I have 'Hippo remote' App on my iPad already, does my Mac need something on it too for it to work?

Also when I go into Hippo remote App it asks me for an IP Address and password where do I find these?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IP address and password is what you need to connect to your network. You should be able to find the IP addresss in your MacBook settings. Basically, the device needs to know where to connect to, and that you give it permission.

OP
K

Katilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where exactly? I clicked on the apple and about this mac then more info, cant see anything under contents that says 'IP address'

I tried another one too VNC one that also asks for IP address and password, the instructions aren't clear though, I'm not sure if I'm meant to put in my admin password so Mac knows its me logging in or is it wanting the password for my wireless network?

The iTunes screenshots shows an image of a Mac screen on the ipad but mine is just black and says it cant connect to server.

Kati

Most reactions

Latest posts