What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad musicians

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad and musicians

how many people on here are musicians and own an iPad?

And If you are a musician have you found any apps useful for your creativity?

I've been finding the mutltitrack daw app nice to record guitar demos whenever I get an idea or just feel like playing and thumbjam is a really nice program too but I haven't really used it much for coming up with ideas though.....

I'd hope one day ableton would make an app for the iPad for making electronic/ambient type music. I feel there's so much potential for music programs on here, It would be if they utilize it over time and it would certainly make it a step up than any other I-products other than a laptop or pc obviously, but to have all those programs on something like this would be nice and already is pretty solid.

Last edited:
OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried changing the title but it doesn't let. Ipad musicians is probably misleading cause I really mean to be talking about musicians that have ipads not musicians that play from the iPad as the title might suggest, but i still think its a cool idea to have more music programs on here though, and I'm sure there will be ;)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does a bass play on your porch say???

"Did you order the large pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms?"

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an entire page devoted to music-related apps - foremost being forScore, which allows me to read and annotate music scores (up to full orchestral scores) in various formats. There's also Shiny Drum, which my three-year-old loves playing the percussion beats along to music.

(I don't play an instrument these days, but I did have 14 years of music lessons in violin and viola, and was an arts manager in an orchestra between 1999 and 2006.)

Reaction score
I intend to get a osc controller for using ableton at some point.

Otherwise I am using a free piano app at the moment, thinking of getting a synth too.

So easy to spend money.

OP
S

skatealex2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a program called xenon yesterday, its pretty tight. You can put together synths and beats, and arrange tracks together

Most reactions

Latest posts