Ipad mini case reviews

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by pcraw, Feb 13, 2016.

1. pcraw

pcraw
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

Are there any reviews of ipad mini cases? I'm happy to be linked to an older forum posts. I received my ipad mini 2 as a gift last year and would like some protection for it.

I've always heard that ipad screen gets scratched easily. I suspect its important to get something to protect the screen as well as the case.

I did some basic searches but didn't come up with anything specific.

Best,
    Phil

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome to iPad Forums!

There's a forum with threads about accessories for the iPad Mini, as part of this forum:
    iPAD MINI Accessories

I'm sure you'll find some useful advice in one of the threads.
    Hope that helps.

3. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Phil - you've already received a link from Johanna about Mini accessories - I'm just curious who told you that the iPad screen scratches easily? The glass on these screens is made by Corning and is called 'Gorilla Glass' (check the link & image below) and is quite scratch resistant - wife and I have had 4 iPads (two each) and she has an iPhone - we've always had 'smart covers' on the iPads but have never had a scratch - her phone has only a back cover and the glass screen looks new (and keep in mind how many people keep phones in their back pockets w/o front protection) - we also have never used lucent screen protectors (just a waste of time & money in my opinion - others will disagree).

Just replaced wife's old Mini w/ a Mini 4 and bought the case below (2nd image) - works like an Apple 'smart cover' but was much less expensive - hope that you find a suitable cover and/or case for your new iDevice - good luck; there are plenty of choices. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 12.04.17 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 3.08.58 PM.png