What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad locks up after Upgrade to IOS6 - does not recognize existing password

Tamig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My Ipad is password protected. 4 digits. After upgrading today to IOS6, it requests a password but informs me my password is incorrect. NO, I have not forgotten my password - i use it 20 times a day!
The Ipad keeps locking up after I try - it now locks up for 15 minutes and I am afraid I am running out of attempts. If there is no default 4 digit password and if it does not recognize my password - what do I do????????

your help is GREATLY appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tamig said:
Hi,

My Ipad is password protected. 4 digits. After upgrading today to IOS6, it requests a password but informs me my password is incorrect. NO, I have not forgotten my password - i use it 20 times a day!
The Ipad keeps locking up after I try - it now locks up for 15 minutes and I am afraid I am running out of attempts. If there is no default 4 digit password and if it does not recognize my password - what do I do????????

your help is GREATLY appreciated.
Unfortunately, you may have to end up restoring it to factory settings through iTunes on your computer. This will erase everything on your computer and if you have a backup that was made before you added your password, you can set it up from that backup, otherwise you will have to set it up as a new iPad and add your apps, movies, etc. manually.

OP
T

Tamig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks! I've restored it to factory settings. how do I find previous backup dates before the one I did today prior to installing the IOS6 ? if i just back it up as my previous ipad I will probably have the same password problem.

Thanks SO much for your help

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tamig said:
thanks! I've restored it to factory settings. how do I find previous backup dates before the one I did today prior to installing the IOS6 ? if i just back it up as my previous ipad I will probably have the same password problem.

Thanks SO much for your help

iTunes stores the latest backup you made. If it was made after you password protected your iPad, you will have to add all your content manually, after setting it up in iTunes as a new iPad.
In iTunes, check whatever you want transferred to the iPad and it will be transferred when you sync the iPad. This will create a new backup in case you need it in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts