What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed setting up my Hotmail account on iPad

andybintoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi pughdog,
I have same problem, I have follow all the step using ms exchange but still says inccorect password. still no clue until now

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My advice is simple set up a gmail account and forward your existing hotmail account assuming you have one to gmail. The mail app can access gmail with out issue. Their are known problems with hotmail and Microsoft with the iPad and to my knowledge have not been resolved yet. The reason I suggest the above is gmail has the best filters for spam and is bullet proof. I sync all my mail this way using gmail as a central email account between my MacBook, iPod touch , iPhone and iPad. It does not matter where I am or even if I do not have any of the above with me i can still retrieve my mail from some 4 email addresses using one gmail account from a Internet cafe. It is so easy.

This has a lot of disadvantages. You can not get to your Hotmail folders or delete or file your email. If you use Exchange you have full function. Also, your replies will come from Hotmail, not Gmail which may confuse the people getting the replies and may windup in their SPAM folders.[

Your call i do not and will not recommend hot mail in a fit it is loaded with spam unstable not to mention can be broken into on a regular basis. and really is use by date as a on line account. I state again Gmail is bullet proof and really spam proof and one can import or link from any where with out issues. Sure go ahead use exchange if that is what he wants. My above comments come from users whom have switch to Gmail and now are happy.

Most reactions

Latest posts