What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD initial setup?

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just gotten my IPAD and have Itunes on my PC at work and home. Does it mattter whch one I do the initial setup on?

Gordon

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No. Just make sure you sign into your iTunes account at home as well. Remember you can only have 5 devices (read: computers) for the same iTunes account at any given time, and you can only clear all five at the same time once a year and ONLY when all 5 slots are filled.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can use your itunes store account with up to 5 computers at any given time. To use another computer after you have used up the 5 slots, you must deauthorize one of the original 5 to use it on a new computer.

Now that the account info is out of the way, You can connect an unlimited number of devices(ipods,iphones,iPads) up to these computers and sycn things like music or pictures over to them.

However you will have a decision to make. Do you want to Auto Sync or manage files Manualy. If you choose to sync automaticaly any time you connect the device to that computer it will automaticaly sync all your selected musice/movies etc... But with auto sync if you connect the device to a different computer it will remove everything and then sync over only stuff thats on the computer its connected to. Choosing to manualy manage your content will allow you to connect the iPad to any computer and move any music/movies/playlists... that you want from any computer without removing anything from the iPad unless you tell it to.

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the Hits on the syncing issue, I would have mess that up big time. Is the IPAD easy to learn to use? I am an amatuer photographer and will add some of my better pictures to it.
I have the 3G and I see now that ATT no longer has the unlimited plan, I have Wifi at home so what plan is best?

Gordon

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I was just on the phone with att today and they said they are extenting the 3g unlimited plan to people who want it and were unable to get it due to ipad shortage. If it doesnt let you sign up for it in the ipad, give them a call on the phone while you still can get it.

Yes the iPad is a sinch to get used to. Its probably the only device that can do many things that a real computer can do yet any age rang both todlers, the elderly, and non technical people can use it without any problems.

Most people that dont like using computer, think they will somehow end up doing something wrong or breaking it. You cant do that with the iPad unless you actualy do slam it on the ground and phisicaly break it. No worry about deleting files and messing things up. Just do what you want to do, check email, browse the web, look at photo's.

Last edited:
OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Itouch that my daughter uses but I have 2 apps on it, do I have to pay for another copy of those apps for the IPAD if I use same Itunes account?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No...but, depending on the app they might not have a universal version for the iPad...so you might have to buy the higher resolution iPad version if you want the better graphics (they will run on the iPad even without a universal app, they will just look like crap).

Some companies do not charge you if you already have their iPhone app to buy the iPad. Some charge you again. It just depends on the app.

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was just on the phone with att today and they said they are extenting the 3g unlimited plan to people who want it and were unable to get it due to ipad shortage. If it doesnt let you sign up for it in the ipad, give them a call on the phone while you still can get it.

Yes the iPad is a sinch to get used to. Its probably the only device that can do many things that a real computer can do yet any age rang both todlers, the elderly, and non technical people can use it without any problems.

Most people that dont like using computer, think they will somehow end up doing something wrong or breaking it. You cant do that with the iPad unless you actualy do slam it on the ground and phisicaly break it. No worry about deleting files and messing things up. Just do what you want to do, check email, browse the web, look at photo's.

What is the ATT number you called?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open up the app store and find out :)

I'm guessing not because both the iPhone and iPad app result in the app store show as being released August 25th, 2008.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ATT customer service sucks. One of the reasons I left them.

OP
G

GordonD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw in a earlier post by Mike that ATT was extending the 3g unlimited offer for people just getting IPADS , I asked ATT and they said they did not hear anything?

Do you just use the WIFI with IPAD?

Most reactions

Latest posts