What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad forum - iPhone 4 app icon question

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How in blue blazes do I clear the small red numbers from the upper left corner of the iPad forum app icon on my iPhone. I can never get the number below a 1

Thanks in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You open the forum app, go to subscribed threads, and read all the unread ones (bold text). Sometimes the unread ones are on the second or third page, if you've missed them for a while. If you don't really care what you haven't read, you can tap on the icon in the top right corner and chose mark all read.

Or maybe not. Mine only shows a refresh icon at the moment. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if I get the other icon back when I've got some unread subscriptions.

Alternately, if you just want the red badges to go away forever, not matter what you have or haven't read, do this: Go to Settings >> Notifications, find the iPF app, tap on it and turn off Badges. While you are there, look through the other apps for the other notifications that may have annoyed you in the past. Or maybe there is one you want to annoy you in the future.

nicktobbe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You open the forum app, go to subscribed threads, and read all the unread ones (bold text). Sometimes the unread ones are on the second or third page, if you've missed them for a while. If you don't really care what you haven't read, you can tap on the icon in the top right corner and chose mark all read.

Or maybe not. Mine only shows a refresh icon at the moment. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if I get the other icon back when I've got some unread subscriptions.

Alternately, if you just want the red badges to go away forever, not matter what you have or haven't read, do this: Go to Settings >> Notifications, find the iPF app, tap on it and turn off Badges. While you are there, look through the other apps for the other notifications that may have annoyed you in the past. Or maybe there is one you want to annoy you in the future.
Thanks a lot for the information

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Addendum: While turning of the notifications will stop the badges from updating while the app is closed, if you open the app and then close it with unread suscribed threads the red badge of unreadness will return. It will only go away if you open it again and close the app with all subscribed threads read.

Most reactions

Latest posts