What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad crashed!!!

DanaC77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a purple line going across my screen and I read somewhere it is a hardware issue. I was going to bring it to Apple first thing when I return from vacation. Today a thicker blue line started flickering to the left of my screen and it totally froze. I tried turning it off and it did not work. The battery eventually died. I plugged it in and iTunes does not recognize it.

I have NOT tried a hard reset yet because I downloaded apps here that I never synched to my computer.

Will I loose these apps? If it were one App or 2 I would not mind but I spent at least 25 dollars since being on vacation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank yoU!

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems. Don't worry about your apps. Apple lets you download apps you have already purchased for free. Good luck.

OP
D

DanaC77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect Thank you!!! now praying a hard reset works! Im not going home for another 10 days!!

Thanks again!

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never synced? How did you manage that one? I thought at-least one sync was needed to set the device up.
Edit: O wait. I misunderstood.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah you get the apps back for free. The music is what you would have to pay for again. Im sorry about your situation. Let us know how it goes

nasr_ullah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad blue line

I also had a blue line and apple care told me to do a hardware reset and i lost everything. I also had not synced before. Now it will not even restore.
Any help would be appreciated

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had a blue line and apple care told me to do a hardware reset and i lost everything. I also had not synced before. Now it will not even restore.
Any help would be appreciated

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

To try to fix your problem have you tried to press *and hold* the Power button and Home button for about 60 seconds? Yes, you read me right, 60 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. The iPad will then reboot itself - it takes a while, so you need patience (so make sure your battery is reasonably well charged). Let us know how this goes....

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and we hope you can enjoy your iPad again soon

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts