What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad bluetooth

Rymax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suffer from Menieres Disease, one of the conditions is that sound going in the ears can be bad for me and have me laid up for weeks. I have the condition in both ears, but one side is worse than the other (also deaf to most noises in that ear). Now my question is, as I cant wear headsets, maybe a bluetooth set like you use for a phone might be a good way to go. But every time I try it on, connection fails. So does anyone know of a decent one that works and a decent sound to go with it.

Thanks for reading :). Be gentle it's my first post.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Headset has to be A2DP compatible in order to work with the ipad, You can find them at most electronic stores either in store online, just make sure it lists A2DP and it will work.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately Bluetooth headsets - the sort that people wear and use with mobile phones - won't work with the iPad. Strange though it may seem, headsets and headphones have a different Bluetooth 'profile'. The iPad supports Bluetooth headphones but not Bluetooth headsets.

However there are several single earpiece wired headsets available that might suit you - you can Google 'Singe Earpiece' and you'll see lots of suggestions such as

Beyerdynamic DT 1S 32 Ohm Single-Ear Headphone with 0.8m Cable

Tim

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crap I meant to say headphones not headsets, sorry. Thanks Tim =)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know if this is any help, but:

Under Settings > General > Accessibility it is possible to change the jack output to Mono Audio (vs stereo). In this setting both audio channels are sent to both earpieces. This means you can use any standard headset without losing any of the audio. Just don't put the unwanted earpiece in/on/over your problem ear.

This might, I'm not sure, work with standard bluetooth headsets too.

OP
R

Rymax

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, now all i have to do is wait for a good day so i can get into town before an attack happens..
( if i didnt have my ipad id be bored the amount of time im laidup on my back because of md lol)

Most reactions

Latest posts