What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as monitor

c.w.sparks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope I’m in the right place. I have an iPad2 and an iPhone. What I would like to do is monitor the output meter on a transmitter with the camera on the iPad2, and be able to see the output meter (in real time) on my iPhone at a remote antenna site, while I tune the antenna. Anyone know if that can be done?

Thanks,

c.w.sparks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If Skype can be set up to auto answer (no idea if it can) then that would work. FaceTime won't work because you can not auto answer, and it only works over Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, Charley Whiskey,

Brian K7ZRZ here. Seems like you might be able to install some remote desktop software, and do something like that. I haven't played around with either of the cameras much, but I do have Splashtop working between the Laptop computer and the iPad. Perhaps it would be easier to implement that scheme with a laptop that has a webcam built in to the lid, sending to the iPhone, and then get a picture going on the laptop screen, which you would see on the remote desktop viewer on the phone.

It sounds like an interesting project. You might be interested in my remote tuner project, which you can view at my website k7zrz.net - and clicking into the amateur radio pages. You'll find it.

Good luck, and let me know more about what you are trying to set up.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts