iPad App Prices - Sticker Shock

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Always Write, Apr 11, 2010.

1. brhon

brhon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Wait until this fall. This will give several months for the iPad to be on the market. Once sales start to fall, we will see adjustments on apps and the iPad too. The iphone is more reasonable today than it was when first intro-the same will happen here.

2. Caps

Caps
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I know i would spend more if i could get more for my money

3. jdzs

jdzs
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Not THAT bad!

I don't think prices are THAT bad, and they will come down. If an APP is too pricey I just don't buy it. There is a decent selection of stuff for .99 to 2.99, and many books on iBooks are $9.99 - MUCH less than you'd pay for the hardcover in the store, for example. Plus there are free ones! A lot of the pricey apps are the "technical" ones anyway, and those I don't need -- if you do, then it's an expense you may need to bear (and, again, much less than software is, for example).

4. Techdad2

Techdad2
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    When the newness of the ipad wears off the feeding frenzy at the app store should slow down as well, mabey then we'll see some price reductions.

5. Always Write

Always Write
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Good to know. I'll definitely be waiting for some of these prices to drop. Until then, I have plenty to keep me entertained. IMO, it's their loss, by trying to overcharge they're getting nothing from me.

PS: I've noticed lots of digital content in general being overpriced -- $5 for a magazine or to stream a movie, e-books more than paperbacks, etc. I discuss it more here.

#15 Always Write, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010