Ipad air sound quality

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by Pharlap, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Pwilkins

Pwilkins
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My iPad Air is coming today, I can't wait to hear the difference in sound from my iPad 2! I made a LEAP...

2. Webalistic

Webalistic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There will always be a limit to what the minute speakers can produce, but technology is still advancing (see this engadget vid)

3. TotallyDavis

TotallyDavis
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    The iPad Air speakers are wonderful, especially compared to the first gen.

When I first started them up, I wondered if it had somehow connected to my Bose soundlink at first, that's how good it was! Especially considering the size, I don't think we have anything to complain about.

4. RandyM

RandyM
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Thank you for providing me with the information on hearing damage. Since reading what you posted I no longer play my music loud and hope I haven't sustained damage to my hearing. Thanks for looking out for us and providing this information

5. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Randy - a general rule for parents (or others, of course) is if you walk near your child listening to music via ear buds or headphones and can hear the music, then the sound level is really too high. Good hearing! :thumbs: Dave

6. ianmedium

ianmedium
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I don't use my iPad for listening to music. I am a bit of an audio buff so I use an Astell&Kern AK120 which plays high resolution and DSD music. However I watch a lot of ripped from my DVD collection TV shows or Movies that I have collected over the years and the sound quality from the inbuilt speakers is wonderful, much deeper and three dimensional sound over my old iPad 1st gen.

7. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, after several posts here, I'm looking forward to upgrading from my iPad 2 to the new Air soon - improved speaker quality was not at the top of my list, but I plan to 'dump' my old iPod Touch (2G) which has my music, and just put all on the new iPad - I now use Bluetooth travel speakers, so will be interesting to do some comparisons! Dave :)

8. Webalistic

Webalistic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I wonder why both speakers are on the short side. I've you watch movies you're more likely to have it in landscape.
    If you listen to music, earphones are more likely and orientation doesn't matter then...
    Can't they be put on opposite corners? Then you'd have stereo sound in both orientations wouldn't you?

9. ianmedium

ianmedium
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The thing is it is such a short distance you won't get much stereo separation I feel from having speakers either side. The sound for me does not feel like it comes from one side though. When I watch speech it feels like it is coming from the mouths of the actors which is all that matters.