1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad accesories

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Emma2, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Emma2

Emma2 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the best case for ipads?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    This is going to cause some discussion!!

I like the simple Apple case. It has a lid that protects the screen, yet is easy to flip up. The lid is quite robust too, so it can withstand quite heavy objects and still provide credible protection. It has cut-outs for all the important iPad parts, of course. Whether intentionally or not the seams at the edge of the case provide quite good protection against being dropped onto a hard surface and several Forum members have reported how this 'saved' their iPad.

The downside, if there is one, is that it's a very tight fit. Once in the case, the iPad can't be placed in the Apple iPad keyboard dock, so it's a bit of a pain having to put it in and take it out all the time. So I hardly ever use my dock but invested in a Bluetooth keyboard instead.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback on this...

Tim
    Scotland
  3. thekarens

thekarens iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'll probably find several threads regarding this question. I went with the Otterbox Commuter. It really depends what you want/need.
  4. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It does comes down to what you're looking for. Are you going for looks and style? Robustness and armour? "Just something to hold it in"? It really is a question of what "best" means to you.

For me, my current case is a customized Moleskine-style case from Treegloo, handmade using traditional book-binding methods. The deciding factors for me were: cost (same or lower than other vendors offering similar product), customization (the Paris map inlay cliched it for me) and customer service.

cf. Treegloo Products - Customizable, Durable, Eco-friendly Cases | Made by Hand in the USA
  5. hey_moe

hey_moe iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if ya like toys which I do....get'em all.:D
  6. leneo34

leneo34 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went with the Ozaki iCoat iPad Case Grain 60' - Microfiber foldable case for iPad

[​IMG]

its thin, but tough enough to provide decent protection.... Ozaki cases like this have a lot of wood, bamboo style covers if youre into that, but this one is my favorite :)
  7. iPadOhana

iPadOhana iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree with Tim. Huge discussions happen over cases and I'm in some of them. LOL

I'd do a search and see the bunch of threads out there. Then you'll see the most compiled information for your most important decision after getting the iPad. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. drownhardy

drownhardy iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is one case that shocks when you get your iPad out of it. It’s not a Manila envelope but a stylish case in form of a letter. Now, don’t think that if the case is odd looking is not that good. Contrary, the Marware Eco-Envi is really a premium case made from eco-leather that’s friendly to the environment, with fleece interior and features also a clear screen protector. It’s the cool iPad case to buy, if you ask me.
  9. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Isn't this really more of a sleeve than a case? And at that price, is it genuine leather or synthetic?
  10. tiggerlove

tiggerlove iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went with the otterbox defender case
  11. kevin manning

kevin manning iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just picked one up at AT&T wireless for $5.00 and no that's not a typo
  12. Cord

Cord iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The AT&T wireless Otterbox case is for the iPad 1 ....! The configuration for the iPad 2 is a lot more money..
  13. tiggerlove

tiggerlove iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    don't have the otterbox case any more, I didn't like it I now have the survivor case fr, it docent have a cover but it covers all ports and all around the iPad