What's new
Apple iPad Forum ๐ŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 4th generation (A1458) not working on sites with login, I have tried basics, any techie โญ๏ธ out there who can help me please? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคž

Norrisuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to get my mums ipad working, ipad 4th generation. Amazon works, news, web searches etc but Next and sainsburys for example do not allow to logon. I am able to logon to them using the same logons with my newer ipad going through the same router.
Here is what i have tried already - cleared cookies and history, tried google dns 8.8.8.8, restarted ipad, restarted router, reset ipad to factory settings for everything.
checked not blocking cookies.
it seems to me like it is having issues with authentication pop ups possibly, as one of the sites it allows to logon, it the fails at the payments section.
if anyone can suggest anything, i will be really grateful
Many thanks
Michelle ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Trying to get my mums ipad working, ipad 4th generation. Amazon works, news, web searches etc but Next and sainsburys for example do not allow to logon. I am able to logon to them using the same logons with my newer ipad going through the same router.
Here is what i have tried already - cleared cookies and history, tried google dns 8.8.8.8, restarted ipad, restarted router, reset ipad to factory settings for everything.
checked not blocking cookies.
it seems to me like it is having issues with authentication pop ups possibly, as one of the sites it allows to logon, it the fails at the payments section.
if anyone can suggest anything, i will be really grateful
Many thanks
Michelle ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™
Both the Sainsburyโ€™s and Next Apps require newer software versions than the iPad 4th Generation is capable of running. Are you trying to log into the website versions of these two Stores in Safari? If not, that should work.

OP
N

Norrisuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both the Sainsburyโ€™s and Next Apps require newer software versions than the iPad 4th Generation is capable of running. Are you trying to log into the website versions of these two Stores in Safari? If not, that should work.
thanks so much for replying. Im trying websites via safari rather than the apps. So the ipad is too old to support that now? should i see if i can install the apps of Next and sainsburys to see if they work? although they will probably say the software is too old as well. So would the best thing be to replace the ipad? I had to do this with my own one a few years ago as it was too old to support some of the things i wanted to install on it ๐Ÿ˜ž. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
thanks so much for replying. Im trying websites via safari rather than the apps. So the ipad is too old to support that now? should i see if i can install the apps of Next and sainsburys to see if they work? although they will probably say the software is too old as well. So would the best thing be to replace the ipad? I had to do this with my own one a few years ago as it was too old to support some of the things i wanted to install on it ๐Ÿ˜ž. Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜Š
The Apps definitely wonโ€™ t work on the iPad 4th Gen. I would have hoped that the websites might have worked, but it is possible that because the iPad will have an older version of Safari it just canโ€™t do it. As you say, perhaps it is time to treat your Mum to a newer iPad. ๐Ÿ™‚

OP
N

Norrisuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, sounds like its time for an upgrade. Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated ๐Ÿ˜Š

Most reactions

Latest posts