What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 Production to Start in October?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_picture.JPG

The China Economic News Service (CENS) has a report today that says that manufactures in Apple’s supply chain have already started to supply Apple with required parts and components, and that production on the iPad 3 will start in earnest in October. According to CENS’ sources, the iPad 3 supply chain will be very similar to that of the iPad 2, with the likes of LG Display supplying its panels for the new tablet, and Hon Hai Precision continuing to be responsible for the device’s assembly. New component suppliers are said to include Taiwan-based Pegatron Corp, which has long been rumoured to have won the contract to work alongside Hon Hai in assembling the next iPad, and Sharp from Japan, which CENS says will most likely be replacing South Korea’s Samsung as Apple’s display panel supplier for the iPad 3. As far as timeline is concerned, this information, should it prove to be accurate, would fit in well with the recent rumours that the iPad 3 will be launched in early 2012.

Source: iPad 3 Production to Start in Oct. | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They should be able to keep up with demand this time! Good to hear

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The rumors I hear are they expect to ship upwards of 10M units the first month when it's actually announced...

If manufacturing capacity today is 180,000 units a day - the last rumor I heard for max capacity, and they are shipping appx 120,000 units a day today, that leaves about 60,000 units a day for iPad 3 manufacturing.

In order to ship 10M units within the first month, that's nearly 6 months of lead time to build the inventory desired to meet the first shipments...

What a nice problem to have though :)

The timing is right for an October ramp on production - balanced with Christmas order production...

-t

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow this is great news, hope the iphone5 is also on the pipe line

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

rspratt48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
The China Economic News Service (CENS) has a report today that says that manufactures in AppleÂ’s supply chain have already started to supply Apple with required parts and components, and that production on the iPad 3 will start in earnest in October. According to CENSÂ’ sources, the iPad 3 supply chain will be very similar to that of the iPad 2, with the likes of LG Display supplying its panels for the new tablet, and Hon Hai Precision continuing to be responsible for the deviceÂ’s assembly. New component suppliers are said to include Taiwan-based Pegatron Corp, which has long been rumoured to have won the contract to work alongside Hon Hai in assembling the next iPad, and Sharp from Japan, which CENS says will most likely be replacing South KoreaÂ’s Samsung as AppleÂ’s display panel supplier for the iPad 3. As far as timeline is concerned, this information, should it prove to be accurate, would fit in well with the recent rumours that the iPad 3 will be launched in early 2012.

Source: iPad 3 Production to Start in Oct. | CENS.com - The Taiwan Economic News

I wonder if there will be any significant changes!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
doughacker said:
I would like to hear more about the camera capabilities.

My guess would be 3mp for the back, (5 if lucky, but probably not) and 1.3/2mp for front.

bgjones42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally think the big A better hit a bases loaded hone run with the ipad3 or see their market share decrease significantly. Unfortunately the public is very short ,indeed always wanting something better.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bgjones42 said:
I personally think the big A better hit a bases loaded hone run with the ipad3 or see their market share decrease significantly. Unfortunately the public is very short ,indeed always wanting something better.

They OWN this market, selling 200,000 iPads a day. Yes every day.

No one else is even at 5% of this sales volume.

-t

Most reactions