1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ipad 2 - What if !!!!! 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 still JB able ?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by hancor, Jan 23, 2012.

1. hancor

hancor iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone

I have got ipad2 3g Wi-Fi running 4.3.3 (8J2) - model A1396 jailbroken with jailbreakme . If i upgrade to 5.0.1, will it update to - iPad2 | 5.0.1 (9A405) so i can re jailebreak again with Absinthe ????

Any comment would be appreciated.​
  2. MOI007

MOI007 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just update my jailbroken ipad2 3g (64GB) from 4.3.3 to offical 5.0.1 (by using itunes) and then using Absinthe (windows GUI version) to jb successfully.

I advised you backup your ipad2 using itune first. If you have got email, please note that itune will not back up the email msg. (but only email account settings). I was not aware of it and therefore I lost all my emails in my ipad2.

I suppose you could use some ipad/iphone file brower such as ifunbox to copy emails to your pc.

The ipadforums have very good guide on jb ipad2. Good luck & enjoy!